- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 15.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Department of Public Health. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 15.0 continuing education contact hour(s). Nurses must attend the entire session within each day to receive credit. Partial session credit is prohibited and will be forfeited.
- Other healthcare professionals: This live activity is designated for 15.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
EDUCATIONAL GRANTS: No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
DISCLOSURES: The planning committee and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Click here to view the disclosures.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
Mohan Sindhwani, MD, Speaker, is a full- or part-time employee of Emergent BioSolutions. Dr. Sindhwani’s relevant financial relationship has been mitigated, and his participation in this accredited education cannot be resolved. CME credit is not available for his presentation.