Professional and Scientific Council Professional Development Conference: Planting the Seeds of Success!
- to foster the growth of
- to improve by labor, care, or study
- to further, encourage
- to seek the society of: make friends with
We hope that through this conference, you will experience growth, encouragement, positive social interactions with colleagues, and gain skills and knowledge you can use as you continue your adventure at Iowa State University.
Who should attend: All Iowa State University P&S employees who are interested in professional development opportunities and cultivating their career.
Why should I attend: This conference aims to provide participants with a day focused on learning new skills and strengthening existing ones, discovering useful information that can be immediately applied in the workplace, and sharing techniques that may be utilized for increasing morale and motivation within our workplaces.
When: Thursday, February 13, 2020
What can I expect from the day: The conference will offer inspiration and motivation through sessions that focus on thriving together. The following learning areas will be featured: leadership, health and wellness, professional resources, and human interactions.
Visit the Agenda and Sessions tabs for further details as they are finalized.
Where: Iowa State Center, Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa (Map)
- Free parking is available all around the Scheman building and accessible parking is located in front of the building (north side). We ask that you respect the parking space lines; please do not make your own parking spot.
- We encourage you to carpool with your colleagues or take advantage of the free CyRide circular (orange route).
- The temperature in the Scheman Building can vary, so we encourage you to dress in layers.
- Early Registration – December 5th through December 20th – $100
- Registration – December 21st through January 31st – $120
Cancellation Fee: No refunds. Substitutions to another P&S employee in your department or within the university are welcome. Please email email@example.com to make changes to your registration
Did you know?
The 2020 planning committee consists of P&S employees who are on Council as well as P&S employees who are not on Council. All of the conference committee members have volunteered their time, effort, and energy to coordinate this 8th annual event.
It takes many, many hours of planning to put on an all-day conference for over 400 P&S Employees! The conference offers P&S employees a great opportunity to network with each other and learn new skills to take back to the office.