Iowa State University is honored to be able to host the 2020 ISU James D. McKean Swine Disease Conference! As your host, we are thoughtfully working on plans for a conference that features thought-provoking dialogue, interesting research, and opportunities to connect with colleagues. Our 2020 planning also includes implementing practices to lower the risk of COVID-19. While we cannot ensure a virus-free environment, below are some of the practices that will be in place to mitigate risk of potential exposure:
- Please practice physical distancing whenever possible, maintaining distances when waiting in line, refraining from handshakes, maintaining distances when conducting conversations, and replacing with waving.
- Cloth Face Coverings are required for all conference attendees, and the conference facility staff will be wearing CFC’s as well.
- Meeting rooms will be set for a maximum of 50% of the room capacity, and additional distances when possible.
- Increased cleaning protocols are in place in all conference facilities, and at the conference hotel.
- Speakers for the conference will receive very specific instructions about equipment so they can present worry-free.
- Food and Beverage service will reflect best practices for limited contact service, while still providing you with quality dining options.
During these quickly changing times, we will continue to monitor the situation, and provide you with timely updates on any changes to the conference plans.