The Iowa Department of Public Health will be offering a Responsible Gambling webinar series titled The Journey Forward: Gaining New Knowledge for the Prevention and Treatment of Problem Gambling.
This month-long series will highlight both state and national leaders who will share innovative approaches to addressing prevention and treatment of problem gambling and related responsible gambling efforts. Participants will experience new insights into the current Be #1 at Getting Help campaign, financial literacy, the evolution of sports wagering, the relationship between gaming and gambling, and Iowa’s current gambling landscape.
While these trainings are complimentary, registration is required. We strongly recommend registering at least 3 business days prior to the webinar to receive full details in advance. Please note, registering later than recommended may mean you will not receive your log-in instructions until the morning of the training session.
The Journey Forward: Gaining New Knowledge for the Prevention and Treatment of Problem Gambling will compliment statewide Responsible Gambling Awareness Month efforts that will take place in March.
- Learn about the qualitative research conducted and how to use the Be #1 at Getting Help campaign to augment prevention and treatment efforts.
- Understand current self-exclusion practices through the Iowa Lottery and Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- Learn about Iowa’s gambling landscape and strategies to promote responsible play messaging.
- Understand how prevention, treatment, recovery and responsible gambling efforts can align with financial literacy efforts.
- Understand the evolution of gaming and the correlation to gambling.
The information shared at this event is presented as an opportunity to expand awareness and knowledge. Views expressed by speakers do not represent the views of the Iowa Department of Public Health, nor does IDPH control or guarantee the accuracy of this information. IDPH does not endorse individual vendors, products, or services.