Parking for Volunteers
Daytime parking: 301 Crocker Street (print this parking pass before you come)
Overnight parking: 500 Grand Ave and 700 Locust St (pick up exit voucher for parking ramp at registration)
- Check-in at the registration area (ask for an overnight parking voucher if needed)
- Visit room 321 to get your volunteer credentials
- Report to your volunteer location
- Volunteer Hub is located in Boardroom 2. Use this room to rest, eat a snack and sip a cold drink in between duties!
- Be at your volunteer location 5-10 minutes before the start time and stay for the entirety of your session or event.
- Meals are provided for volunteers, but you are expected to get your food after all registered attendees have received their meal.
- Many buildings downtown Des Moines are connected via skywalks. Maps will be available at registration but you can print your own now!
- Floor plans are available for the following spaces
- View the Master Volunteer Matrix (view only, changes need to be requested to Mike Witt)
- Assignments were given based on your preferences submitted to the logistics team.
- If you need someone to cover your shift, find a replacement and inform the logistics team right away.
- Volunteer schedule posted daily in Boardroom 2 for viewing and available soon online.
Mike Witt – email@example.com – 641-430-2600
Chris Beedle – firstname.lastname@example.org – 712-885-2802
August 2 Orientation Highlights:
Key contacts for Iowa Logistics Team and Areas
Expectations of Volunteers
Drawings and Schematics of Iowa Events Center
Conference Schedule and Tasks Review
Tasks and Volunteer Assignments