Innovation Awards Application FAQs
Awards program description: The UHPC Innovation Awards will recognize and highlight the creativity and innovative UHPC design, excellence in fabrication, or construction technique. A panel of qualified Judges will select entries to receive Awards for construction projects in the categories of Buildings or Infrastructure. If they deem it appropriate the Judges may; but are not required to, create additional award categories. Awards will be presented based on the merits of the project and how well the nominee documents design features and or use of UHPC.
Individuals or groups submitting entries to the competition must be willing to attend the award ceremony during the UHPC Symposium in Wilmington, Delaware, USA on June 6, 2023. The International Interactive Symposium on UHPC (UHPC Symposium) organizers shall have the right to make all entries and all materials submitted with the entries available through publication. Part or all the information submitted may be editorially disseminated or in advertisements for the UHPC Symposium through its own or other publications. This shall include the right to publish photographs and names of any and all award recipients without compensation.
Each submission must:
- Complete the Innovation Award Entry Form. Entries are allowed a 500-word maximum project description that will be used in evaluating the merits of the UHPC application.
- Submit five to ten photographs per entry (no photo collages).
- Entrants have the option to submit one to four Shop Drawings, Details, or Renderings.
- Sign the Innovation Awards Waiver form giving the UHPC Symposium the right to make all entries and materials submitted available through publication at no cost.
- The Online Entry Form is HERE. The deadline for entrants is March 15, 2023.
Eligibility: Construction projects that employ UHPC materials completed from March 1, 2019, to March 1, 2023, are eligible for the submission process. The completion date is when the project was deemed to be “substantially complete”. A single submission for any one project will be accepted; first come, first served. Submission materials must be received by the published deadline.
- UHPC Innovation Awards – Application FAQs
- UHPC Innovation Awards Project Registration Form (Online)
- UHPC Innovation Awards Application Waiver Form
- Application Checklist
- January 1, 2023 – UHPC Innovation Awards submission site official opening
- March 15, 2023 – The entry submission site closed
- April 19, 2023 – Notification of winning entries
- June 4, 2023 – Begin Third International Interactive Symposium on UHPC
- June 6, 2023 – Winners Announced at the Awards Dinner/Ceremony