Call for Posters
The planning committee for Soil Health Conference 2021 has made the difficult decision to postpone the conference. Please check back here in the summer of 2021 for updates about the 2022 conference.
All students, scientists, faculty, agronomists, and researchers are invited to submit a poster for presentation at the 2021 Soil Health Conference. We welcome posters which share research across all disciplines related to soil health.
For consideration, abstracts must have been submitted no later than Friday, January 15th. Poster presenters must be registered to attend the conference, and be registered by January 15th, for consideration.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent January 29, 2021.
Guidelines for Poster Preparation and Display
- Posters should be set up no earlier than 8am but prior to 9am on Monday, February 17.
- Assigned post location will be available at check-in at registration, 1st Floor Lobby in the Scheman Building. When registering, notify us of your poster title, and we will direct you to your assigned location.
- Posters should remain displayed through the end of the Closing Session on Tuesday, February 5, 1st Floor of the Scheman Building. Please do not remove your poster before this time.
- Posters should be taken down promptly after the Closing Session adjourns at 3:00pm. At 3:15pm, Tuesday, February 5 any items remaining on display after that time will be removed and discarded.
Display space and mounting requirements:
- Each individual poster board is made of corkboard and is exactly 8 ft. wide by 4 ft. tall. Because space is limited, two posters will be mounted on each side for a total of four posters per poster board. Consequently, posters must NOT be any larger than 44 in. wide x 44 in. tall.
- Please bring a sufficient supply of push pins to affix your posters to the poster boards. These will also be available on-site, but in limited quantity.
All posters must include the title and information about the author(s), including name(s), affiliation(s), etc. Posters at the Soil Health Conference must address issues related to soil health and management practices that enhance or degrade soil health. The poster should be focused and include the following:
- Clear and concise title describing the contact of the poster
- An abstract that will summarize the main findings or message of the research
- Clear objectives of the research or work presented in the poster
- Materials and Methods address the research work in a concise and informative way
- Results and discussions including figures and tables
- Conclusions that summarize the main findings of the research
Project goals/objectives, methodology, results/findings, future work and other discussion should be presented in terms that can be understood by a technical audience. We strongly encourage the use of tables, photographs, diagrams, charts, and other graphics to help convey important information.
- Degree to which presenter demonstrates understanding of their subject matter.
- Clarity of description of presenter’s research project, the scientific approach, and test results
Note that specific evaluation criteria are left to the judges’ discretion. All decisions made by our team of judges are final.
For questions, please contact email@example.com for additional information.