We are pleased to invite you to submit abstracts for the upcoming SafePork Conference, 15-17 May 2023 in New Orleans, LA, USA. The conference is planned to be held as an in-person event.
Abstracts should address the following topics:
- Antimicrobial Use, Resistance and Residues (examples include: Environmental and on-farm monitoring; Antibiotic alternatives and replacements; Replacements for Zinc oxide; Measuring use)
- Meat Safety Approaches (examples include: Risk-based meat inspection; Slaughter hygiene and decontamination; Laboratory testing and interpretation of results; On-farm biosecurity and pre-harvest interventions; Innovative technologies; Advanced Quantitative Epidemiology and Food Safety Surveillance)
- Zoonotic Agents – Monitoring and Interventions (examples include: On-farm control strategies; Microbiome-based interventions; Parasites; Viruses; Bacteria; Emerging diseases)
- Animal Health and Welfare (examples include: Associations with meat safety; Outdoor versus intensive production; Indicators of animal health/welfare; animal welfare and ASF; novel treatments for post-weaning diarrhea)
- Food Safety Regulations, Trade, and Industry Sustainability and Food Security (examples include: post-ASF market disruptions; Meat trade disruptions; Supply chain issues; Labeling; Regulations that impact trade; Meat alternatives)
- Sustainability (examples include: Minimize food waste safely; Re-use of food)
- Food Safety Education and Workforce (examples include: Current and novel approaches to education; Gaps and challenges in the food safety workforce or education; Collaboration across the globe; Workforce preparedness; Challenges with labor)
- Food Safety, Swine Health and Production Considerations in low- and middle-income countries.
We are looking forward to your active participation at the conference. As we are interested in cutting-edge research, the work to be presented at the conference does not have to be finalized at the time of submission of the abstract. Moreover, work presented at other conferences is welcome, if it is relevant.
Abstract can be accepted either as an oral or as a poster, where there will be a possibility of poster pitches. In general, one presenter will have the possibility to give one oral presentation as well as more posters.
Abstract submission deadline 17 January 2023
More information about abstract submission can be found on: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1EySCy2s4cs9IwI11tV7UuqcgAd8CWcYJgpdtt0OIlD2soQ/viewform